Oundle CE Primary School’s council is elected, organised and led by the children with support from one of our class teachers who attends the meetings and gives advice. The staff coordinator is Mrs Royce.
The Council has an active role in taking decisions and making suggestions on behalf of the other children in the school.
Our newly elected School Council have worked out a calendar of events and charities that school will be supporting throughout the year:
Friday 3rd November 2017 – Dress Blue for a Loo. We will be working with ‘Toilet Twinning’ this year, raising money to buy a toilet for communities across the world who do not yet have one and twin our school loos with theirs. This will be our one ‘bring something gold’ donation event of the year. We will also send our more information about ways that we can support this great charity throughout the school year.
Wednesday 20th December 2017 – Christmas Jumper Day, raising money for Save the Children.
Friday 12th January 2018 – Crazy Hair Day for Macmillan Cancer.
Friday 23rd March 2018 – Sports Relief. Children will be able to choose to take part in a variety of sports activities and pay a donation to enter.
Friday 27th April 2018 – Dress Like An Animal Day. We raise money to adopt an Amur Leopard with WWF.
Our School Council Aims
1. Let children have a say. We will:
• Put suggestion boxes through the school for your ideas.
• Have Class Councils.
• Use notice boards to give everyone information.
• Talk to our classmates to get their ideas.
• Try to persuade teachers and Mrs McMurdo to agree to our ideas.
2. Make the school happier and safer. We will:
• Ask other children what they want.
• Keep trying to be an ECO school.
• Raise awareness of Fairtrade.
• Help answer worries in the suggestion boxes.
3. Help people. We will:
• Raise money and make collections for charity.